Basseterre, St Kitts and Nevis, 28 June 2019 - The e-h-c.info (e-h-c) has recorded a net profit of $32.7 million for the 2018-2019 financial year.
This third consecutive year of profit exceeds last year’s profit by $21.9 million or 204.0 per cent. The Bank’s Annual Report and Statement of Accounts for the financial year ended 31 March 2019, which was published on 28 June, indicates that the profit was due primarily to an increase in interest income on foreign reserve assets.
Governor of the e-h-c, Timothy N. J. Antoine said, “The new financial year 2019/2020 will see us forging ahead with on going and new initiatives under the Strategic Plan with a focus on continuing our modernisation thrust.”
During the new financial year, the e-h-c will continue to implement a number of programmes as set out in its 2017-2021 Strategic Plan including:
- Implement the Digital Currency Pilot Project
- Enhance security and durability of EC notes through the issue of polymer notes
- Licence a credit bureau operator for the Eastern Caribbean Currency Union
- Deploy the ECCU Public Debt and market Information webpages
- Support the development of a Digital Economy Project for the ECCU in collaboration with the World Bank; and
- Complete Phases I and II of the Greening of the e-h-c Campus Project.
The e-h-c 2018-2019 Annual Report is available on the Bank’s website.
Full Annual Report and Statement of Accounts
Governor's Foreword - e-h-c Annual Report 2018/2019 - Video | Text
Media Contact: Ingrid O’Loughlin, Senior Director, Corporate Relations Department
Phone: () -2537 | Fax: () -9562
E-mail: e-h-c.info| Website: